Core Element, the New Orleans Baby Cakes, and nearly 30 STEM-related community partners will host Hands-On STEM Day at the Shrine on Airline – Tuesday, May 15, 2018!
The STEM-focused education day offers fun and educational outing featuring STEM exploration stations, activities, experiments and baseball when the New Orleans Baby Cakes take on Omaha.
The annual event is focused on not only getting kids excited about baseball, but sparking students’ curiosity in science, technology, engineering and math and the STEM industry opportunities that exist throughout the region. Participating educators are inspired with creative ways they can incorporate hands-on, minds-on STEM learning into the classroom and receive teaching tools from participating partners.
STEM exploration stations feature STEM activities and experiments covering topics such as biology, chemistry, computer science, density, electricity, environmental science, information theory, the NASA Space Program, oil and natural gas, ocean science Petroleum Engineering, physics, robotics, service learning, space science, virtual reality, water quality and more!
Participating organizations in 2017 included:
- ATMOS Energy
- Audubon Nature Institute
- Bartlett Engineering
- The Joe W. & Dorothy Dorsett Brown Foundation
- Bureau of Ocean Management
- Core Element
- Destrehan High School FRC Robotics
- Entergy Louisiana
- FIRST LA/MS
- From Student to Scientist
- Girl Scouts Louisiana East
- Jean Lafitte National Park
- Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation
- Louisiana National Guard
- Microsoft Store
- The National WWII Museum
- New Orleans Geological Society
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Southeastern Geophysical Society
- STEAM Academy of Delgado
- Tulane University Society of Women Engineers
- UNO AMRI
- UNO College of Engineering
- UNO Department of Chemistry
- UNO Department of Physics
- Women’s Energy Network (WEN)
School group tickets must be purchased in advance through the Baby Cakes Group Sales department at 504-734-5155. Game day tickets will also be available for the general public.